If your work or academic studies involve floodplain management, then a copy of Floodplain Modeling Using HEC-RAS needs to be on your desk. This comprehensive textbook offers expert instruction and practical advice for floodplain modelers and managers. It then goes a step further by reinforcing the concepts presented using the worldwide standard simulation tool, HEC-RAS, which was developed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hydrologic Engineering Center.
In Floodplain Modeling Using HEC-RAS, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers´ veteran Gary Dyhouse walks you through a complete floodplain study, from the planning stage to determining the floodway. No more wondering which of the vast number of variables to adjust in your model. Get the "inside" guidance you need to successfully apply HEC-RAS to your projects.
Topics covered in this text include:
- An easy-to-understand introduction to open channel hydraulics
- Planning floodplain modeling studies with defensible time and cost estimates
- Modeling bridges, culverts, and other special features
- Calibrating and operating models for peak performance
- Modeling floodways, including coverage of FEMA flood insurance guidelines
- Developing routing information for use in hydrology programs
- Designing and evaluating channel modifications
- Analyzing bridge scour
About the Software Included
Each book within the Water Modeling Collection from the Bentley Institute Press includes academic-licensed versions of the professional software covered.
The four following industry-standard products developed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hydrologic Engineering Center, are included: Graphical HEC-1 and HEC-HMS are for hydrograph analysis, HEC-RAS is for water surface profile analysis, and HEC-GIS is for integrating floodplain modeling with GIS.